Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I live in a real neighborhood now. I don't think that has ever been the case before, and I am a little boggled by it, but there it is. My son is next door, doing yoga with our neighbors. They are from India, and the mom & kids just got back last week from an extended trip. They have a 5yo, and Sun & he are becoming fast friends.

In fact, yesterday, Jaia, the mom, asked me over for some spicy Indian fish. It was fun to hang out with her & her 6 month pregnant friend who was also there. I think Jaia was making sure her friend was eating enough. She has that mamakitty quality.

I am not used to having neighbors that I feel comfortable having Sun visit with such regularity. I think this is how life is in many places, but I am still getting used to it.


1 Comments:

Blogger Aly said...

That sounds divine! The friendship and the curry ;)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home